I refused to sell him a copy but he slunk around untill he found a "friend" to buy him one. Oh I knew eventually he would get a copy. Although he swore he would not leave me a bad review on his website. He chose to do so on this other site, where he is known for being the caped crusader, ferreting out "fakes". He lost no time bad mouthing my book, "said don't waste your money", so I was not terribly disappointed. Oddly enough most of the knives he decried as fakes were purchased from a dealer he calls friend. Most of his miserable life is spent slandering other dealers and collectors and puffing out his pigeon chest, I suppose..
No, I am not going to say who he is. He comes to this site regularly, looking for errors or fakes. I will list instead the people whom he has slandered, all good men and true.
- William Windrum: Army veteran, Author /collector who helped him get noticed in the US market.
- Peter Mason: Captain in the SAS and collector/dealer of WW-II knives and spy paraphernalia.
- Clive MacPherson: Curator at the CMSM museum in Maldon, UK
- Herb Woodend: Curator of the museum at Enfield Small Arms
- All of the owners of Metford-Fairbairn knives and First Patterns w/3" guards.
- Even questioning the veracity of first person accounts of WW-II veterans and their heirs.
- Tried to elicit the name of an anonymouce source by using a fake name
There are many others who prefer I not use their names anywhere, lest he might read it and further annoy them. All I can say is I hope the ghosts of these great men who have passed visit him often and at all hours of the night. He has set himself on a pedestal by "standing on the shoulders of giants." And he wondered, very innocently, why I would accuse him of acting this way. Friends, a snake may shed its skin, but its still a snake.
When I got frustrated one of my sources advised me: "Stick to your guns, ignore _______. Your website is higher rated on Google than his. More people read your opinions than his. More people will read Leroy Thompson’s book than his. The prick is jealous.”